Lou Magrone’s wife Francine gave birth to a beautiful baby boy named Joseph Louis on January 6, 2017. But sadly, every parent’s nightmare was now their reality: their son was stillborn and he was laid to rest a week later. This tragedy inspired Lou to create Walk in Sunshine Charity, whose mission is to provide assistance to families in the New Jersey area who have lost a young child, and additionally, it provides online resources for families all around the world.
IN THIS EPISODE, YOU’LL HEAR ABOUT THINGS LIKE:
- The emotional roller coaster Lou and his wife Francine experienced while Francine delivered their stillborn son, and how it eventually led them to joy.
- Why stillbirths are so hush hush and understudied.
- The touching story about a father whose teenage daughter committed suicide and the impact Walk in Sunshine Charity had on his life.
- Important questions and scenarios Walk In Sunshine Charity helps grieving people to address.
SOME QUESTIONS IRENE ASKS LOU:
- What should a parent do to prepare for services and a final resting place for a deceased child?
- What is the dad’s view of loss and grief and coping?
- What coping mechanisms do you personally employ when a difficult situation comes your way?
Leave A Comment