Laura Moseley is a single mom of 3, a grandmother, and the courageous survivor of more than 23 years of both sexual and domestic abuse. She is currently involved with social services works, she is a domestic violence advocate, she is a public speaker, and she has a blog called the “Walking Wounded.” The “Walking Wounded” are the victims of domestic abuse, who hide their pain behind smiles, and hide their bruises behind well-placed garments and accessories. They live their lives in such constant chaos that mental health professionals have reported that their brain scans look almost identical to those in the military who have experienced and survived combat situations.
IN THIS EPISODE, YOU’LL HEAR ABOUT THINGS LIKE:
- What drew Laura to her husband and what in his background led him to have severe anger management issues.
- How Laura was affected by both domestic violence and sexual abuse.
- The ways each of Laura’s children were affected by what was happening in their home.
- The cycles of abuse and the “honeymoon” period in the abuse cycle.
SOME QUESTIONS IRENE ASKS LAURA:
- How did you meet your husband?
- What are the “red flags” to be aware of so as not to be in relationship with a future domestic violence perpetrator?
- How did you find the courage and support you needed to leave your marriage, heal and move forward towards Rebirth?
Leave A Comment