Hip-Hop Artist Kursive, who lives in Maryland, is the 5th incredibly inspiring interview in our Rebirth series. He has dealt with much tragic loss in his young life by channeling his efforts into artistic expression through music, by practicing humility and gratitude, and through entrepreneurship via his record company, an apparel brand, and other businesses. Kursive recently wrote a song titled “Reminds Me of You” which has helped him express his grief and loss. The song is dedicated to his brother, and is also written for his cousin, his best friend, his mother and another good friend, all of whom he has lost. You will hear the words to this song during this interview!
IN THIS EPISODE, YOU’LL HEAR ABOUT THINGS LIKE:
- Kursive’s childhood including abandonment by his mother, who was addicted to drugs.
- What inspired Kursive not to turn to drugs as he grew up.
- Kursive’s journey towards Rebirth through both music and entrepreneurship.
- Why Kursive has an attitude of humility and gratitude despite the challenges and traumas in his life.
SOME QUESTIONS IRENE ASKS KURSIVE:
- When you lost your mom, how old were you, who brought you up and how did you cope?
- How have your attitudes of humility and gratitude helped you in your life?
- Would you please grace us with a few verses of your song “Reminds Me of You?”
**WARNING – EXPLICIT LYRICS**
Leave A Comment