In addition to being an author, coach and consultant, David is an amazing endurance athlete, a financial services professional, and a public speaker who applies the lessons he has learned in his life to enrich and inspire others.
David’s beautifully written and incredibly moving new book is titled Cycle of Lives – 15 People’s Stories, 5000 Miles, and a Journey Through the Emotional Chaos of Cancer. It portrays 15 individual cancer stories as it also shares David’s grueling journey riding his bike 5000 miles coast to coast, meeting each of the individuals featured in his book in person along the way. If you or someone you care about is going through cancer or some other major trauma, this thought-provoking collection of astonishing, uplifting stories can surely help you and inspire you.
IN THIS EPISODE, YOU’LL HEAR ABOUT THINGS LIKE:
- What motivated David to begin his 5000 -mile coast to coast cycling project.
- The elite athlete who had to reckon with his all-star body letting him down and what having cancer taught him from that experience.
- The man who, along with his wife, was relieved that she got cancer, and why.
- The female medical oncologist who cares as much about her patients as she cares for them, and how caring for people with cancer has affected her perspective on life.
SOME QUESTIONS IRENE ASKS DAVID:
- What are the differing relationships to cancer those you interviewed had?
- What is the value of both self-reliance and depending on others?
- Where were you emotionally about both your sister June and your family at the end of your trip?
Contact: Listeners can reach me through email at firstname.lastname@example.org