Show Notes: Andrea Wilson Woods’ book, Better Off Bald: A Life in 147 Days, chronicles Andrea’s sister Adrienne’s remarkable life from the time she was born to the day she died at age fifteen from Stage IV liver cancer. Andrea is a patient advocate who funded the non-profit called Blue-Faery: The Adrienne Wilson Liver Cancer Association, and she is also the Co-founder and CEO of Cancer University, a for-profit, social-benefit, digital health company.
IN THIS EPISODE, YOU’LL HEAR ABOUT THINGS LIKE:
- How Andrea ended up with custody of Adrienne.
- The greatest lesson Adrienne taught Andrea.
- That more options are now available to patients with liver cancer.
- Why Andrea founded Cancer University
SOME QUESTIONS IRENE ASKS ANDREA:
- What is the difference between palliative care and hospice?
- Is there a right or wrong way to grieve? Does grief have a timeline?
- Why are you so passionate about the importance of empowering cancer patients and their caregivers to become advocates for themselves?
Leave A Comment