Show Notes: You may be thinking, what in the world is an End of Life Doula? It is a non-medical person trained to care for someone physically, emotionally, and spiritually at the end of life. You’ll be surprised at how uplifting this conversation is, as Janie explains how a doula can make a huge difference not only in the way people die, but also in the way people live.
IN THIS EPISODE, YOU’LL HEAR ABOUT THINGS LIKE:
- How hospice care is augmented by the work of a doula.
- How doulas bring deep meaning to the dying experience.
- How a doula’s focus on the positive aspects of the dying person’s life helps the grieving family.
- What kind of training it takes to become an End of Life Doula.
SOME QUESTIONS IRENE ASKS JANIE:
- How do doulas help the dying who wonder if their lives had any meaning?
- How do doulas handle the differing religious and other views of death, as well as a dying person’s visions of loved ones on the Other Side?
- What is a Vigil Plan and a Legacy Project?